Vegetable Fermenting Kit
Exclusive from Homesteaders Supply! Makes a great gift. After you get some wide mouth canning jars and the metal rings to hold the lid secure... this kit is all you need to start fermenting your own veggies. And the book will show you that veggies are not the only thing to ferment... your condiments, grain, sauces, jellies, even meat!
Obtain the healthy benefits of fermenting your foods like enhancing digestion and resisting infections.
Now includes Wardee's new book! On sale and Free shipping to the lower 48 states only, other destinations will have additional charge!
Included In This Vegetable Fermenting Kit:
- 3 pack Original Pickle-Pro lids (fit all wide mouth canning jars)
- Starter Culture (enough for approx 30 Quarts of fermented veggies)- Now Double Stuff Culture - twice the amount!
- Gift from Homesteaders Supply - Pickle Pincher!
- Book: Fermenting Foods by Wardee Harmon from Traditional Cooking School/Gnowfglins!
- Includes our new product called the Prepper Pro! Designed and manufactured by Homesteader's Supply right here in Tennessee! Made of Applachian Cherry wood and seasoned with 100% Raw Organic Non-GMO Coconut Oil. All you need to do is reapply oil after using and it will last a very long time! We designed it for a comfortable fit in your hand and so easy to use for many tasks in the kitchen. It's a perfect design for pressing veggies like cabbage that need the fibers broken a bit to release it's liquid. And then it's perfect for compressing your veggies into the fermenting vessel. It's sharper edge, rather than rolled allows for it to slide down the side of the jar for perfect packing. And, each end is sized differently for different needs. The larger end fits into the wide-mouth canning jar and the smaller end fits well for use with the regular-use jars. Great tool whether preparing a ferment or for canning!
- Now includes access to a free CHEAT SHEET from Wardee Harmon, author of Fermenting Foods, giving you formulas for all types of ferments. FREE! Watch her video below showing how to use the Pickle-Pro lids.
Here are some other uses for our new Prepper Pro: pressing the water from your freshly made butter; pressing fresh herbs for infusions, oils, etc; mashing berries for jams and jellies. Click on main photo to see other photos.