The Diamant grain mill is easily the finest mill available. Here at Homesteader's Supply, we wanted to carry a higher end quality grain mill that would last you a long time. It is beautiful, high performing and, since it is made entirely of cast iron, it will far outlast lighter aluminum mills. Equally at home in the farmer's barn cracking bushels of corn for livestock or in the baker's kitchen milling fine flour for delicate pastries. If you are looking for a high quality, long-lasting product, the Diamant grain mill will not disappoint.
- Grinds fast and fine
- Grinds virtually anything (without need of additional augers)
- Easy to use
- Solid cast iron - Built to last with little maintenance!
- Weight: 56 lb
- Quality-made in Poland
- Weight/Dimensions- 56 lb, 16" V-belt pulley, 5-1/4"OD machined iron burrs, 14"H
Not available until May 2020. Call us to be placed on a call list.
Our price includes shipping to the lower 48 states only!
Unique Pre-Grinding System for Superior Results- Only the Diamant has it! Several blunt pre-grinding "teeth" gently crack grain. When it gets to the auger it's perfectly prepared for a smoother, more even grind. Competitor models use an impractical spring arrangement that's not nearly as effective and completely lacks the elegant engineering of the Diamant.
Grinds fast and fine - Extra large burrs churn out flour as fine as store-bought 20 percent faster and much more easily than any other hand-turned mill on the market.
Grinds virtually anything - Corn, beans and most oily materials can be ground without using a special auger. Grinds all grains, many spices, legumes, beans, nuts (except peanuts) and seeds without changing burrs! Make flour, meal, coffee, sesame tahini, cereal or animal feed. Specially engineered iron/steel burrs can grind just as fine as other mills' stone burrs and eliminates stone grit in your flour.
Easy to use:
- Big V-belt flywheel is made of solid cast iron, not aluminum. Adds momentum to the turning action, rotates smoothly and makes it easy to motorize.
- Adjusts quickly and easily from powder-fine to coarse.
- Long wooden handle lets you use two hands for more leverage. Or share the work with a friend (face each other). Grinding is much easier - and more fun - with two people!
- Bushing/sealed bearings eliminate maintenance - never need to be oiled!
Built to last - This mill hearkens to an earlier time when things were built to outlast their owner and be passed on to the next generation. Solid cast iron mill is one of the heaviest hand mills in the world. Non-toxic green finish with gold trim, force-feeding worm auger pre-cracks grains, three kinds of burrs add versatility, one-year warranty.
Note: After grinding oily or fatty foods, it may be necessary to demount the mill and clean the mill casing, cover and grinding plates. The mill comes with instructions on how to do this. If you are storing the grinding plates for several months in a humid environment, it's a good idea to coat them lightly with vegetable oil to prevent rust. With normal use, the grinding plates should last for many years.