Ultimate Cheese Press made in Hard Cherry wood!
Hard Cherry is a beautiful wood that deepens in color over time. Each one is unique as the design in the grain of the wood. The is the same Original cheese pres designed and manufactured by Homesteader's Supply, made right here in the USA!
Only two more left, after that we will have more in stock and available to ship approx mid-January! Order now, we sold out fast during the holidays and they are still selling fast.
Obtain the best Cheese Press available on the market today, and make your own hard cheeses! In stock and ready to ship immediately! Same design as our Maple press... All Natural! Wood preserved with 100% Organic, Non-GMO, Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil! Use a product actually designed specifically for hard cheesemaking, and taking advantage of the natural anti-bacterial properties of real wood and natural Coconut Oil!
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to use!
Our cheese press is made for home cheese makers, designed and manufactured by the owner of Homesteaders Supply right here in the USA! Made from a beautiful grained hard maple, with a lighter basic color with various shades of darker marbling. Each press is as unique as the wood it's made from. It comes with an innovative design that makes pressing cheese easy, and they all come out the same. No need for pressure gauges, no lopsided cheeses... every one comes out great! Each one is unique finished by the hands of craftsmen of wood. And this press will last you a long time with proper care!
It can also be used to press fresh fruit! Works fast and complete without the little seeds getting caught up like in a traditional mill. Place into baking pan to collect the juice. Use cheese cloth to easily remove skins and seeds, but not necessary. Click on the main photo and see the 2nd photo showing the release of juice from bottom of mold just as the whey is released. Note: Berries may stain the wood and molds!
Purchase this press and we even add in some 90 count cheese cloth and a cheddar recipe... all you need is the milk and cheesemaking ingredients!
- Perfect to make all types of hard and semi-hard cheeses.
- Ergonomically designed handles and followers to reduce the stress to your hands and fingers.
- Comes with 2 hoops, now larger and taller than other presses, to prepare a 1 lb to 5 lb cheese! And we have added a longer center bolt for making cheese with 1 gallon of milk. Smaller hoop designed for use with 1-2 gallons of milk; Larger hoop designed for use with 3-5 gallons of milk.
- Designed to accept the hoops in perfect position every time!
- Hoops are made of food grade heavy duty water pipe. Professional cheese makers prefer this type of hoop over the metal hoop type, as it won't cause too fast of cooling the cheese during pressing time as stainless steel does.
- Made with all food grade materials, will last a very long time, sturdy hardwood with heavy-duty stainless steel fasteners.
- Easy to use; small enough to just place it into baking pan on a cooling rack to allow for draining... therefore no mess, no fuss...
- Finished wood with 100% Organic Non-GMO, Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil... no odors, no chemicals, natural for food contact, makes the wood water proof. All you need to do is reapply your own oil of choice to keep it protected from water intrustion.
- We use real wood, not plastic. Latest research confirms that wood inhibits bacterial growth, which is not the case for plastics such as melamine. Now you know why everyone is going back to butcher block cutting boards!
- No need for gauge... as you just turn to tighten as whey is released. So Simple! Easy to Clean! Just can't say enough about this press... it's the best!
- With proper care, this cheese press should last a lifetime! (gentle soap and warm water, no dishwasher!) Just wipe it down, let it dry, and reapply oil of your choice.
- Dimensions: Base approx 7" X 7", Unit Height 11", Large Mold 7" tall, 6 1/2" Diameter; Small Mold 7" tall, 4 1/2" diameter.
- If you would prefer a press without any oil on the wood, let us know as we can ship you one that is raw wood. You will need to oil it with your choice of oil or sealer.
"I love mine. The grooves hold the hoop perfectly. My husband was skeptical, thinking the whey couldn't escape under the hoop, but I made my best cheese with your press!" from Ollie
"I love it. It's my favorite, I have to say" from Wardeh Harmon and her online cheese and fermenting classes at http://gnowfglins.com/ecourse/classes, and author of newly published The Complete Idiot's Guide to Fermenting Foods
Shipping charge applies to the lower 48 states, all other places may have additional charge... we will contact you. Canadian customers please choose Priority Mail shipping, as we do not ship these by Canada Standard Ground.
Want to learn all about Cultured Dairy and Cheesemaking? Sign up for the online classes with Wardeh Harmon! Classes with videos as part of the instruction, take them at your leisure at any time of the day or night! Check out the video below!