Now that the birthing and milking seasons are in full swing there’s an abundance of milk. It’s time to make cheese!
Our cheese press is made for home cheese makers, designed and manufactured by Homesteaders Supply right here in the USA! Homesteader’s Supply carries cheese making supplies. We suggest starting with our kits and replenishing as you go.
Made from a beautiful grained hard maple, with a lighter basic color with various shades of darker marbling. Each press is as unique as the wood it’s made from. It comes with an innovative design that makes pressing cheese easy, and they all come out the same. No need for pressure gauges, no lopsided cheeses… every one comes out great! And this press will probably last you a lifetime with proper care!
Raw presses will be readily available soon. They are not oiled! You can choose the oil you’d like to use. Organic coconut oil works very well. We’ll make an announcement when the raw presses are in here in the blog, on Facebook and Twitter.
Some of the features of the Ultimate Cheese Press:
- Perfect to make all types of hard and semi-hard cheeses.
- Ergonomically designed handles and followers to reduce the stress to your hands and fingers.
- Comes with 2 hoops, now larger and taller than other presses, to prepare a 1 lb to 5 lb cheese!
- Designed to accept the hoops in perfect position every time!
- Hoops are made of food grade heavy duty water pipe. Professional cheese makers prefer this type of hoop over the metal hoop type, as it won’t cause too fast of cooling the cheese during pressing time as stainless steel does.
- Made with all food grade materials, will last a very long time, sturdy hardwood with heavy-duty stainless steel fasteners.
- Easy to use; small enough to just place it into baking pan to allow for draining… therefore no mess, no fuss…
- Finished wood with Canola Oil with no odor, no petro-chemicals, natural for food contact, makes the wood water proof, and all you need to do is reapply a very small amount of your own oil of choice when it appears dry.
- We use real wood, not plastic. Latest research confirms that wood inhibits bacterial growth, which is not the case for plastics such as melamine. Now you know why everyone is going back to butcher block cutting boards!
- No need for gauge… as you just turn to tighten as whey is released. So Simple! Easy to Clean! Just can’t say enough about this press… it’s the best!
- With proper care, this cheese press should last a lifetime! (soap and water, no dishwasher!)
- Dimensions: Base approx 7″ X 7″, Unit Height 11″, Large Mold 7″ tall, 6 1/2″ Diameter; Small Mold 7″ tall, 4 1/2″ diameter.
Wardeh Harmon, owner of GNOWFGLINS (visit the website – you’ll love it!) demonstrates the use of The Ultimate Cheese Press. You’ll see how simple this cheese press is to use in the video.
We’re proud to have designed this press and to have it manufactured right here in the United States. It’s a beautiful, functional, easy to use press that’s great for hard and semi-hard cheeses.